3.5-5180 + SM1.07 + RB: problems with ChangeSet current

German Morales germanmorales at delta-sys.com
Tue Jul 22 03:58:14 UTC 2003

Hi everybody!

I've seen some posts about SM1.07, so perhaps there is some already
existing solution to my problem that I'm missing.

The problem seems related to what Goran said:

>I did notice that Ned needs to update SARInstaller
>for 3.6beta (you know, the "Smalltalk changes" vs
>"ChangeSet current" etc). I actually ended up coding
>"do this for 3.5, that for 3.6" in SM because I just
>didn't want to split packages for this.

Here is what I do:
-I start with a clean 3.5-5180 image
-then I load SqueakMap 1.07
-later I load Refactoring Browser, which creates ChangeSet class>>current
-later I want to load another package (BrowseUnit in my case),
 but it fails because
 SMDefaultInstaller>>fileIntoChangeSetNamed:fromStream:
 does this:
   "code snipped to help comprehension"
   ChangeSet respondsTo: #current
	ifTrue: [global _ ChangeSet]
	ifFalse: [global _ Smalltalk]
 and some lines below sends:
   global newChanges: changeSet

Since ChangeSet responds to #current because of Refactoring Browser,
global is set to ChangeSet.

Perhaps it should ask too for:
 ChangeSet respondsTo: #newChanges:
???

Is this a bug or I'm doing something wrong?
Should I send a [BUG][FIX]?

Thanks in advance,

German Morales