3.5-5180 + SM1.07 + RB: problems with ChangeSet current

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Tue Jul 22 04:38:54 UTC 2003

On Monday 21 July 2003 08:58 pm, German Morales wrote:

> Here is what I do:
> -I start with a clean 3.5-5180 image
> -then I load SqueakMap 1.07
> -later I load Refactoring Browser, which creates ChangeSet
> class>>current -later I want to load another package (BrowseUnit in
> my case), but it fails because
>  SMDefaultInstaller>>fileIntoChangeSetNamed:fromStream:
>  does this:
>    "code snipped to help comprehension"
>    ChangeSet respondsTo: #current
> 	ifTrue: [global _ ChangeSet]
> 	ifFalse: [global _ Smalltalk]
>  and some lines below sends:
>    global newChanges: changeSet
>
> Since ChangeSet responds to #current because of Refactoring
> Browser, global is set to ChangeSet.
>
> Perhaps it should ask too for:
>  ChangeSet respondsTo: #newChanges:
> ???

That probably would be an OK fix.

What I ended up doing for the SARInstaller (for newChanges: and
currentChangeSet) was this:

newChanges: aChangeSet
	"Change the current change set, in a way that should work in 3.5 as
well"
	"SARInstaller newChanges: SARInstaller currentChangeSet"

	^[ ChangeSet newChanges: aChangeSet ]
		on: MessageNotUnderstood
		do: [ :ex | ex return: (Smalltalk newChanges: aChangeSet) ]

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com