email syntax validation needed

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Tue Jul 22 15:04:34 UTC 2003

On Tuesday 22 July 2003 06:38 am, Stoffel, Andrew wrote:
> Of course, I could be wrong... but maybe someone needs to
> change NetNameResolver to handle more than one type of
> DNS record ? Or maybe this is just a Windows "feature"
> and it works fine elsewhere... ?

In Unix we're just returning the first address from gethostbyname().

There have been complaints about this from people with multi-homed or
improperly set up machines.

A FAQ is "how can I get my machine's IP address?" and the standard
answer is, of course, that your machine doesn't have *an* IP address.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com