email syntax validation needed

Bert Freudenberg bert at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Tue Jul 22 15:40:52 UTC 2003

Am Dienstag, 22.07.03 um 17:04 Uhr schrieb Ned Konz:

> On Tuesday 22 July 2003 06:38 am, Stoffel, Andrew wrote:
>> Of course, I could be wrong... but maybe someone needs to
>> change NetNameResolver to handle more than one type of
>> DNS record ? Or maybe this is just a Windows "feature"
>> and it works fine elsewhere... ?
>
> In Unix we're just returning the first address from gethostbyname().
>
> There have been complaints about this from people with multi-homed or
> improperly set up machines.

I posted an FFI interface to gethostbyname() several years ago:

	http://swiki.gsug.org/sqfixes/512.html

And Luciano posted a DNS client written in Squeak recently:

	http://swiki.gsug.org/sqfixes/3902.html

Of course, "sbcglobal.net" does not actually have an IP address. So
this is not a Squeak problem.

-- Bert