VM for Qtopia Zaurus and iPAQ (hopefully)

Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org
Tue Jul 22 20:30:40 UTC 2003

  Lars,

  Sorry, I'm so screwed.  now I think I put the latest source code on
the web, so please check that one out.

> The display is working well, also the stylus with the middle and right
> mouse button emulation via the hardware keys. Fullscreen (via the
> -fullscreen command line option) is also working.

  That's good.  Also, when you launch an image which was saved in
fullscreen mode, it should come back in fullscreen now.

> But there were problems with the portrait/landscape switching. I guess,
> you changed something in the code, that landscape displaying routines are
> used whenever display width is greater than display height. But that does
> not work properly for the iPAQ since width and height will not be switched
> when switching portrait/landscape in OPIE or when using "-landscape" as
> command line parameter. So using "-landscape" does not change anything at
> the moment and if one activates the software keyboard, the width of
> Squeak's display area becomes greater than the height and so the landscape
> display mode is used from that moment.

  Ok.  I did change the landscape handling from yours and this explain
why you somehow needed to hardcode the default value for the
portlait variable.

> Furthermore the software keyboard is not working. Perhaps you changed
> something in the "default:" part of the big switch statement in
> translateCode in sqQPEWindow.cpp.

  Ah, I thought I didn't change the control flow when IPAQ symbol is
defined...  If you can check the latest source and see
what's wrong, it would be great.

> And the last issue I noticed was that although I declared files with
> suffix "image" as plain text, the file selector at the start does not
> recognize "image" files.

  Yes.  This is the biggest mystery to me.  The document and source
code of FileSelector contradicts, and I think I didn't change stuff
from your code...  But I'm getting reports that say it doesn't work.

  Thank you,

-- Yoshiki