A swiki editor

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Wed Jul 23 17:19:13 UTC 2003

Cees de Groot <cg at cdegroot.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-07-21 at 18:52, Lex Spoon wrote:
>
> > The image *is* a repository.
> >
> I'd love that, however, as far as I know the image offers little in terms of
> recoverability when things go wrong (something like an interactive startup
> mode "I'm about to start process <something that screwed up bigtime last
> round>, continue Y/N?"). In the past week, I messed up two images during
> Seaside hacking, and I'm glad I didn't have a lot of important work also
> in there...

It would be perfectly recoverable, if you make swiki pages get into
changesets and into the changes file.

Also, you'd of course use the right tool for the job.  If you have some
image that is crashing all the time because you do weird things in it,
then that would not be the place to keep your diary.  :)  However, if
you are developing a package, then it is perfectly appropriate for the
package to contain its own documentation in Swiki form.

Incidentally, do you know what you are doing to get unopenable
snapshots?  My images hardly ever crash, and when they do the snapshot
is fine.  The only time I get into trouble that I can remember, are
using high-priority processes, and redefining low-level stuff like how
global variables are implemented.

Lex