[ENH] VM tweaks for Islands project

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Wed Jul 23 23:31:22 UTC 2003

"Lex Spoon" <lex at cc.gatech.edu> wrote:

> The Islands project requires some small VM tweaks.
I'm looking at these and I see no harm in them for anyone using normal
systems. The flag bit change will almost certainly need changing for VI4
but then so do lots of things.

Does anyone object to the changes being included in the VMMaker
package? I can't see any plausible harm from just sticking them in but
I'll listen to any concerns about beta releases etc. if anyone has them.

Likewise, I'm considering Andreas' non-method-as-method changes; there's
nothing that materially affects anyone with a normal system but then
there's probably just about nobody likely to use the facility except
Andreas!

tim
Useful random insult:- Pedaling real fast, but not getting anywhere.