[ANN] Monticello Versioning

Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de
Thu Jul 24 09:29:18 UTC 2003

On Wed, Jul 23, 2003 at 01:42:37AM -0700, Avi Bryant wrote:
> http://map1.squeakfoundation.org/sm/packagebyname/monticello
>
> I'd like (along with Colin Putney) to announce a new release of the
> Monticello versioning system.  Although partly an evolution of the earlier
> DVS and Monticello work, which enabled Squeak code to be managed with
> CVS, this is the first release to realistically support concurrent
> development in Squeak without depending on external tools.

Hey, this is great! I started to use the new monticello release
for my projects. One problem: On the Wiki there's a description
how to file out monticello-packages into "normal" fileIns:

 Right click on the package name in the Monticello Browser
 Choose "export".
 The package will be saved as a .st file in your default directory.

This worked in the older version, but the new version doesn't have the
"export" entry...

   Marcus

--
Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de  -- Squeak! http://squeak.de