[ANN] Monticello Versioning

Julian Fitzell julian at beta4.com
Thu Jul 24 18:02:31 UTC 2003

Brent Vukmer wrote:
>>They aren't sequenced numbers because multiple clients can be
>>creating
>>them at will.
>

> Maybe I should have asked more questions instead of jabbering on :)
> What filename convention are you thinking of using, then?
> package-name.author-name.version-number ?

I'm not sure... but looking in Colin's test repository, he seems to be
using package-name.author-initials.whatever you want

Remember, packages have UUIDs so the name is somewhat irrelevant and
they don't have to be sequential.  Each version knows the tree of
revisions (their UUIDs) it is based on.

Julian