[BUG] Enhanced IRC Client gets disconnected

Brian T Rice water at tunes.org
Thu Jul 24 19:34:16 UTC 2003

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003, Michael Rueger wrote:

> Karl Ramberg wrote:
>
> >>The Enhanced IRC Client is very nice to use (no IRC command knowledge
> >>needed) except for one thing - I occaisonally get disconnected from the
> >>servers.
>
> Did this start after the rewrite or did that happen before as well?

I've heard that both before and after were an issue, for various reasons.

> >>There is no walkback, and the client gives no indication at all of the
> >>disconnect, except nothing new happens. Anybody know something about
> >>that, or have ideas?
>
> I tried to use that IRC channel a while ago from a non-Squeak client and
> got disconnected so often I gave up after a few hours. (on a otherwise
> stable DSL connection)

For a while, there was a user broadcasting an IPv6 address which was
causing a few of the clients some issues, including Squeak's, but he
hasn't been on the channel in a few months.

--
Brian T. Rice
LOGOS Research and Development