[Q] Did ServerDirectories ever really work in the file list?

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Thu Jul 24 23:55:45 UTC 2003

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003, Daniel Vainsencher wrote:

> When I enter an ftp server and try to open a code browser on a remote
> file, everything chokes up because the remote filename, with server and
> all, is looked up in a local directory. Has anyone ever looked at this?
>
> I don't know if this is related to the similar problems I am having with
> defining a ServerDirectory as a Monticello repository, which would be
> very very cool, if it worked.

It shouldn't be too hard to write a FTPRepository if you wanted to do
that (I didn't personally want to bother with that for 3.5 when 3.6 makes
the FTP client so much nicer).  Look at the DirectoryRepository for a
sense of what you would have to do - there aren't many methods to
implement.

I'll probably hack out an HTTPRepository for use with DAV servers sometime
tonight.

Avi