[FIX][BUG] with 3.6 network rewrite and firewall authentication changeset

David Faught dave_faught at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 25 14:45:50 UTC 2003

Don't strain your brain too hard on this.  It is a bug in the changeset
after all.  HTTPSocket is subclassed from OldSimpleClientSocket after
the rewrite, and the changeset still has it subclassed from
SimpleClientSocket, which is why HTTPSocket didn't inherit the
understanding of CrLf.

I will repost a 3.6-only version of this changeset with the proper
subclass after more testing.  I'm having a little bit of trouble
testing because I can't find Scamper.  SqueakMap seems to work okay
though!

It appears to me that HTTPSocket didn't get rewritten with the rest of
the network rewrite (I vaughly remember something about this on the
list a while back, I'll have to go dig it out).  The CrLf thing is used
in several methods of HTTPSocket, and if you really want to use (String
crlf), it will have to be changed in a bunch of places.  This doesn't
really have much to do with the functionality of the firewall
authentication changeset though.