Text links usability suggestion

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Fri Jul 25 16:55:20 UTC 2003

Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> Am Freitag, 25.07.03 um 16:45 Uhr schrieb Brent Vukmer:
>
>> It would be really convenient if, when I had text highlighted, the Cmd-6
>> menu was part of the mouse-menu.
>

> Well, we already have the shifted shifted menu like this:
>     set font... (k)
>     set style... (K)
>     set alignment...
> (Ahh, I _love_ the new "copy text" option from the menu's halo ;-)
>
> Adding an entry like "set action... (6)" surely wouldn't hurt.

I actually submitted an [enh] which does this quite awhile ago, long
before we got the current harvesting process rolling.  I was going to
resubmit it once 3.7alpha opened.  Here 'tis:

http://swiki.gsug.org:8080/sqfixes/1951.html

Actually Bert's phrase suggestion of "set action..." or "set
action/color..." might be better than my original "color/link menu..."

- Doug