[ENH] BrowseWithDnD

Martin Wirblat sql.mawi at t-link.de
Fri Jul 25 19:03:56 UTC 2003

>Hm ... you and Scott must be pretty weird clickers (so to speak ;-)
>given that with the default fonts you have to move the mouse about a
>full list element's height before it starts dragging ;-) What you
>need is a bit of .... hm ... what's the english equivalent of
>"Zielwasser"? ! ;-)

I fear up to 90% of all computer _users_ belong to this category. Most
people are not as precise as pilots with gunman-hands.

I have seen people becoming within seconds unbelievable nervous ( just
because unexpected things happen - like the drag ) that they were
increasing their click-frequency and mousemove-amplitudes so that very
soon everything was deleted.

Wouldn't it be better to stay with the dnd-pref and have an additional
one for the drag-limit ( as other UIs have ), make the default fonts
bigger, increase the default drag-limit and hope for the future, that
Squeak catches up regarding the preferences-tool?

Regards
Martin