rename of TestInterpreterPlugin to SmartSyntaxInterpreterPlugin

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Fri Jul 25 19:55:21 UTC 2003

Tim,

> Before we close on the final version of the VMMaker package for 3.6 I
> would like to check opinions on the renaming of TestInterpreterPlugin.
>
> Any plugins currently NOT in the VMMaker package that expect
> to subclass from TestInterpreterPlugin will obviously have problems.
> Are there any that cannot be altered? Is it worth putting in a backwards
> compatability empty class for this release and considering the old name
> as being sunsetted - ie gone in 3.7?

Yes, let's deprecate it appropriately, e.g.,

Object subclass: #TestInterpreterPlugin

TestInterpreterPlugin class>>subclass:instanceVariableNames:...
	self deprecatedExplanation: 'TestInterpreterPlugin has been renamed.
Please subclass from SmartInterpreterPlugin instead.'.

and remove it in 3.7 or so.

Cheers,
  - Andreas