[ANN] Monticello Versioning

Colin Putney cputney at wiresong.ca
Fri Jul 25 21:41:12 UTC 2003

On Friday, July 25, 2003, at 12:07  PM, Cees de Groot wrote:

> On Fri, 2003-07-25 at 01:48, Colin Putney wrote:
>> Yup. The idea is that what we've got in Monticello right now gives us
>> fairly good base for exploring ways to do distributed concurrent
>> development.
>
> And a very good one, I might add. Reinout fooled with the code this
> afternoon and has most of it in VW, we're toying with the idea of
> kicking out Store...

Wonderful!

How well do modeling classes map the the VW kernel implementation? I
imagine there are additional definitions that need to be part of a
package on VW - namespaces for example.

This is an area where I think both Squeak and Monticello can improve
quite a bit. In the 3.7a timeframe, I'd like to do some work in the KCP
to support packaging and modularization of the image.

If there's any changes you want to make to the Squeak version to make
porting easier, do let us know.

Colin