[ANN] Jabber 2.0b on SqueakMap

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Fri Jul 25 23:03:58 UTC 2003

On Friday 25 July 2003 03:14 pm, Julian Fitzell wrote:
> We really need something like kom-services in the base
> image (I want some kind of listener that I can give a port and a
> handler class or block or something and it will run one for each
> incoming connection).

We have ConnectionQueue, and there's already chunks of server logic
that use it in EToyPeerToPeer, Nebraska, and probably in PWS as well,
but I didn't look at it.

It looks easy enough to use (this is from EToyPeerToPeer):

	[true] whileTrue: [
		socket _ connectionQueue getConnectionOrNilLenient.
		socket ifNil: [
			(Delay forMilliseconds: 50) wait
		] ifNotNil: [
			self class new receiveDataOn: socket for: communicatorMorph
		]
	].

However, I don't think the recursion in ConnectionQueue>>listenLoop is
all that safe. It seems like retries on invalid sockets should be
handled by the callers.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com