3.6 "full" packages

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Sat Jul 26 04:49:29 UTC 2003

On Wednesday, July 23, 2003, at 01:56 AM, Daniel Vainsencher wrote:

> - are all the packages that have been removed in such a state that we
> can pull them in as they are now and thus release a Full image that
> will
> work?

Just for an update on the removed Full packages, I tried the "Update to
3.6 Full" load script with the latest 3.6alpha, and there are a few
issues:

- We can remove SUnit from this Update script, since it's back in the
image (it's part of Basic)
- The PWS package seems to be missing completely... the URL is on the
sqfixes archive, but I'm not sure what happened to the file, perhaps
Bert or Brent (the registrant) knows.  (As discussed before, we might
just dump PWS from the Full release anyway.)
- Both the Balloon3D and VMMaker packages have old-format SAR files,
apparently.  I updated the #fileIntoChangeSetNamed:fromStream: sends in
the postscripts to #fileInMemberNamed: , and then they seemed to work.

Anyway, we should make sure these are loadable first, so they can be
tested...

- Doug