3.6 "full" packages

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Sat Jul 26 18:26:26 UTC 2003

On Saturday 26 July 2003 10:43 am, Tim Rowledge wrote:
> > - Both the Balloon3D and VMMaker packages have old-format SAR
> > files, apparently.  I updated the
> > #fileIntoChangeSetNamed:fromStream: sends in the postscripts to
> > #fileInMemberNamed: , and then they seemed to work.
>
> This is puzzling; what is 'old-format' about using
> #fileIntoChangeSetNamed:fromStream? It's still in my 5371 image...
>
> The VMMaker code is filed out via DVS and I convert the lineends
> back to CRs so that the normal tools will still work. Using
> #fileInMemberNamed: results in a changeset named 'VMMaker.st' which
> isn't very helpful. Using #fileInPackageNamed: takes a terrible
> long time because the working out of diffs takes forever.
>
> So what should I be doing?

If you're filing out with DVS and you expect people to be able to
update, you'll want to use #fileInPackageNamed: because of the diffs.
Otherwise, if you delete a method it won't get deleted when the .st
file gets filed in (the file-out of DVS doesn't include removals).

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com