Q: Squeak and scientific applications

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Sat Jul 26 22:13:16 UTC 2003

> Speaking of renaming parts of the code generation apparatus,
> what about renaming #initialiseModule to #initializeModule to
> match the spelling in the rest of the image?

No-go before we do large scale VM changes. It's been that way since its
introduction (go hit Tim over the head for it, and me for not noticing) and
changing it would require changes to the (C-level) VM source code, thus
breaking about every external plugin there is (which for example, includes
the entirety of PhiHo's MobVM).

We _might_ want to consider this for VI4 though. Tim?

Cheers,
  - Andreas