PWS and Lost Packages (was: 3.6 "full" packages)

Brent Vukmer bvukmer at blackboard.com
Sun Jul 27 14:30:43 UTC 2003

> If swiki attachments are not reliable places to put up packages, then we
> should stop doing so. The idea that a package is removed from the image,
> it's code put up in unreliable storage and then lost really bothers me.

Well, in this case the URL is not a pointer to a static file on the filesystem -- I believe Bert's image takes any-and-all "sqfixes" requests, parses the .mbox file, and streams the parsed content.

> Concretely, does anyone have PWS.cs.gz and can upload it to some safe
> web space?
> After this is found, Brent, can you update the SM registry so that it is
> installable?

I should have PWS.st.gz somewhere.  I can upload it to Minnow, or Colin Putney may have a URL. In any case, yes, I'll update the SM registry once we've got a working URL.