Best way to add a specific keybinding to a PTM?

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Sun Jul 27 17:52:04 UTC 2003

On Sunday 27 July 2003 10:15 am, Daniel Vainsencher wrote:
> I resorted to talk directly to the PTMs textMorph, which I'm sure
> can be improved on, but I haven't found an exmple for in Squeak.
>
> Ideas?

Perhaps that's the best right now. That is (from the POV of the PTM):

onKeyStrokeSend: sel to: recipient
	textMorph on: #keyStroke send: sel to: recipient.

> BTW, I found it strange that PTM has a #keyStroke: method that
> doesn't get called when you type in it. Is it just me?

Actually, I think that's so you can emulate typing into the PTM
programmatically.

This could be used for your keybinding action.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com