.mcv => .sar?

Colin Putney cputney at wiresong.ca
Tue Jul 29 19:39:26 UTC 2003

On Tuesday, July 29, 2003, at 07:51  AM, Stephen Pair wrote:

> I like the idea in general...here is a list of items I'd like to see
> addressed (these are largely based on my experience in splitting
> Comanche into separate packages and managing the packaging, publishing
> and loading of those packages)...the Comanche packaging tools already
> support several of these items...I think that the challenges that I
> faced with packaging Comanche makes for a really good set of
> requirements (for a development, packaging, and publishing system)...I
> think we would end up with a really nice set of tools and frameworks
> if we could make a goal of re-packaging Comanche using the new MC
> features.  Here's the list of things that I think need to (eventually)
> be addressed:

[ideas snipped]

Whoa. Those are all interesting ideas Stephen, but they have very
little to do with Avi's proposal. This was *not* meant to address
SqueakMap's lack of dependency managment.

The goal is to create a file format for Monticello-versioned packages
that could also be distributed to end users who don't have Monticello
installed.

I think it could address that goal quite simply, once we get a few
details worked out.

Colin