[ANN] SqueakMap 1.08

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Wed Jul 30 04:49:31 UTC 2003

On Tuesday, July 29, 2003, at 07:47 PM, Avi Bryant wrote:

> So, like Ned, I recommend that DVS not be auto-installed.

Also, we should keep in mind that the 3.6beta image has
SqueakMap+SMLoader+PackageInfo+SARInstaller included, which is
basically the original SM bootstrap, except it includes PackageInfo
instead of DVS.  We had a discussion about DVS vs. PackageInfo around
that time and decided to go with PackageInfo for the current (Basic)
image.

I'd think we'd want the bootstrap & the image to have the same
packages, so whatever we decide, they should be the same.  We've been
treating the 4 packages on SM as the "master" copies, which get added
to the update stream occasionally, so the image always follows.

Hmm, actually the "SqueakMap" bootstrap package is not really useful
for 3.6, since the 3.6 (Basic) image already includes these 4
packages...?  Although perhaps it is still useful as a one-click
upgrade of all 4 packages.  It's certainly still important for 3.5 and
previous.

- Doug