Morphic Wrappers again

Francisco Garau fgarau at bluewin.ch
Wed Jul 30 23:48:08 UTC 2003

Hi,

> Question: what was the last version of Squeak the package on SM was known
> to work with?

I should find the way to upload this version into the SqueakMap...

> My problems. I use MathMorphs.pdf from the Squeak book as my tutorial.
> Assigning a name as in
> "punto := self" did nothing.

In the attached version this problem is solved. (But type the arrow '_'
instead of ':=' to make the assignments)

> I build a silly little class called Person with one instance variable
> 'name'. I expected "Person new name: 'Frits' ; self" to give me a wrapper
> on an instance of a Person. Instead I got a Morph Explorer. I do get the
> correct result on a point.

There is a preference to turn off the Explorer. Just turn off
'exploreComplexMorphicWrappers' from the category 'MorphicWrappers'.
But please notice that this is a special explorer. Highlight any item of the
explorer, press tab and then type any message you want to send to the
highlighted object.

Pressing tab before to enable aerial typing was a feature requested by
Stefan Ducasse. The problem before was that if you were inputing text on a
window and your mouse was moved away, then you start typing on the air
without wanting it.

Now, tab has two meanings: start the aerial typing and autocomplete the
message (when possible)

> I am exploring the statement that MorphWrappers are Squeak's answer to
> Naked Objects.

I strongly belive that. (Thought there is still a lot to implement)

Regards,
Francisco GArau