comparing ChangeSets

Brent Vukmer bvukmer at blackboard.com
Thu Jul 31 12:37:26 UTC 2003

The recent postings by Roel ("[ANN] SystemChangeNotification on Squeakmap") and Ned ("[FIX] ActionSequenceFix-nk"), where code that Ned posted and code that Roel posted overlapped to some degree, got me thinking about comparing changesets.  What I would like is an API for programmatically comparing changesets so that I could identify, at a minimum, the intersection of classes and methods in a list of changesets.  This would be *really helpful* as a service for the FileList.

The only approach I can think of is to borrow the Pseudo* framework that the FileContentsBrowser uses.  Is there a better way to do this?