Defining interactively the target of a button

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Thu Jul 31 15:09:39 UTC 2003

On Wednesday 30 July 2003 12:26 pm, Stephane Ducasse wrote:

> I would like to be able to drag a button,

What kind of button? From where?

> assign the select
> clearTurtleTrails and set the target to the World by using only
> mouse and interaction
>
> I saw that I can change the selector, arguments....but not the
> target Is it possible? Do am I missing it?

Three ways I can think of:

1. Using a world script button:

* open a viewer on the world (via a halo click).

* go to the "pen trails" vocabulary

* drag out the phrase "world clear pen trails".

* drop it in the World. It becomes a script.

* from the script's menu, choose "hand me a button".

2. Using a scripted button:

* drag out a button from the "Supplies" flap.
* hit the "show script" halo button (pale green plain button at lower
right".
* insert "world clear pen trails" phrase from the World's viewer as
above.

3. Make a button from the menu. This is what I do.

* open the World menu.

* Bring up its halo.

* bring up the halo on the "restore display (r)" item.

* drag the green "duplicate" or the black "grab" handles.

* drop on the World.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com