squeak graphic: technical introduction

Bert Freudenberg bert at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Thu Jul 31 16:17:43 UTC 2003

Martin Kuball wrote:
> Thanks. I guess that will help a bit. Maybe I will be able to add the missing
> line rendering stuff once I understand b3d well enough.

Well, I did that once, though only as overlay (antialiased B2D lines on
top of a B3D scene). To be actually useful it would have to be
integrated into the basic B3D engine. You will want to have 3D
acceleration - actually the simplest thing would probably be to use FFI
OpenGL bindings (like Croquet does).

Anyway, find attached a screenshot and the code. Tested in 3.5.

-- Bert