Celeste and FilteringCeleste

Daniel Vainsencher danielv at netvision.net.il
Mon Jun 2 22:20:19 UTC 2003

First I wanted to point out two things you seem to be ignoring -
1. Celeste is no longer in the image. I posted a script for it's removal
a while ago, and it was subsequently patched and rolled into the update
stream for many of the reasons you mention.
2. Adam Spitz has taken over maintainance of Celeste, and has already
integrated a few patches that had been laying around.

I would definitely love to see you and Adam work out how to come up with
one core Celeste that has the best features of both, maintained by one
person. Anyway, now that Celeste is out of the image, it should not be
too hard to go ahead and separate the UI from the model (which would not
be a bad idea anyway), and then maintain two UI based on the same model,
if we find the preference differences are hard to reconcile.

Daniel