About 3.6 alpha process: to break the less

Daniel Vainsencher danielv at netvision.net.il
Wed Jun 4 12:57:49 UTC 2003

diegogomezdeck at consultar.com wrote:
> This is not the worst part of the history.  The worst part is: The work we
> (mcp & kcp) are doing will vanish with the nexts updates.
? what makes you think that? because it will be unloaded into packages?
the answers to that are simple -
A. We're not erasing the software, we're separating it. If you modify
future packages, this will make life easier for their maintainers.
B. You're not responsible to maintain the other packages - you're
responsible to simplify what is in the image, and preferably focus on
the most commonly reused stuff, meaning the frameworks. And you should
*help* with the damage control, being careful and public with
incompatible changes, but you don't have to fix stuff in all other
packages.

Daniel