Final 3.6 Plan

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Thu Jun 5 00:02:57 UTC 2003

Doug Way wrote:

>> 5, 7, 8 - does anyone know give an update on each of these? whether
>> they've passed some review, testing, work in 3.6a ... the usual. BTW, do
>> we have a test for the simulator? sounds like something that deserves a
>> few tests.
>
> It would be nice to have some sort of voting tool or similar for
> subjective things like Diego's look enhancements. ...

I meant to also mention that I'd personally vote to include these
enhancements... they look really good, especially the scrollbars.  I
have mild reservations about including yet more preferences to turn
these on and off, since we already have a bunch of look preferences and
I remember the code was already starting to get a bit complex with
handling them all... perhaps eventually we could remove some to simplify
things to one fancy look and one bare-bones look.  But still I think
including this new look would be worth it.

- Doug Way