Final 3.6 Plan

Daniel Vainsencher danielv at netvision.net.il
Thu Jun 5 01:27:47 UTC 2003

Doug Way <dway at riskmetrics.com> wrote:
> >I suggest we do 9 right now.
> >
> Sounds good to me.  I can give it a quick test to make sure it still
> works and then incorporate it soon.  Technically these fonts are also
> under a non-SqueakL license, but I think for something that's not source
> code, that's acceptable.  We aren't likely to ever find any fonts
> released under SqueakL anyway, so we shouldn't wait around for them.
> The license they came with seemed very simple and reasonable (probably
> OSI and Debian DFSG compliant too).  Worst case we could always remove
> them later if there turned out to be a problem.
I don't think fonts are generally a problem. Specifically the current
fonts are a problem because they prevent us from ignoring/removing a
nasty license clause. Let's kill 'em!!! ;-)

> (BTW I'm planning on finally spending some time on creating a real
> harvesting tool when 3.6 goes to beta.  Although anyone is welcome to
> help out or work on one sooner.  I will try out Brent's viewer tool
> soon, too.)
Wait for his next release. I just got a prerelease, and it's so much
fun, it has me reviewing stuff on a whim. Now that we have this, I'm not
sure we'll need anything more for a while - for better or for worse,
we'll be able to focus on harvesting ;-)

Daniel