[ENH] LongMenus-nk ([et] more opinions..)

Daniel Vainsencher danielv at netvision.net.il
Thu Jun 5 15:57:44 UTC 2003

Those ideas sound cool.

I would really like to see keyboard control of menus and other common
morphs become more practical.

For menus, I think the most important thing is to figure out and solve
the conflict between menus for PluggableTextMorphs, and proper focus
control.

Then keyboard menu functionality would be much more accessible, and any
enhancements would be much stronger. I think the more... type menus will
eventually need to go, since they prevent any general design solution to
this problem. IIUC, this is what you're talking about?

For example, adding an attachment to a Celeste mail from a directory
that has lots of files is depressing - I now have to search through >10
page - more, more more... And keyboard control doesn't help, because it
does operate on the whole list, just on the subset being displayed.

I think menus as constructed by applications should not know anything
about size constraints to layout - they should simply reflect the
logical structure of the options.

Then the morphs can do whatever tricks are useful.

Daniel