[BUG][FIX] DeclarativePools

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Thu Jun 5 18:47:52 UTC 2003

As I mentioned in a recent message, there is a problem with changing
over to using these nice declarative pools classes. There's no
particular problem with the new pools themselvs, it's an issue of our
old friend backwards compatability.

Is _anybody_ actually interested in this problem? I could do with some
help working out the issues and finding suitable solutions - if any. My
view is something along the lines of 'make the change and fix the broken
code' but I wouldn't want to impose my views on people willy-nilly.
Perhaps a change like this can be piled up along with the new image
format and massive VM back-compat rework? Perhaps it shouldn't be done?

tim
"How many Teela Browns does it take to change a lightbulb?" "Stupid question."