running squeak in linux

Dominic Fox dominic.fox1 at ntlworld.com
Thu Jun 5 21:25:02 UTC 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bert Freudenberg" <bert at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de>
To: "The general-purpose Squeak developers list"
Cc: "Ian Piumarta" <ian.piumarta at inria.fr>; "Bruce ONeel"
<edoneel at sdf.lonestar.org>
Sent: Thursday, June 05, 2003 10:01 PM
Subject: Re: running squeak in linux

> Am Donnerstag, 05.06.03 um 22:08 Uhr schrieb Dominic Fox:
>
> > Getting Squeak to run on Linux defeated me the first time I tried,
> > although
> > I wasn't trying very hard. It would be nice to have binaries/RPMs for
> > some
> > more platforms (I couldn't get any that worked with Mandrake 9.0) - if
> > they
> > already exist, it would be nice if they were easier to find.
>
> Good idea. I'm sure if you build an mdk-rpm Bruce would upload it on
> the Squeak ftp server. And Ian could put a link to "contributed"
> binaries on the official download page. Are you game? :-)
>
> -- Bert

Well, give me a couple of weeks - I've just got the new machine, haven't got
Linux on to it yet, and my wife had a baby girl (Ruby Elizabeth) two weeks
ago, so it's not something I can turn around in a hurry...also, it'll be the
first thing I've packaged, so I'll have to do a bit of reading around first.
Useful exercise, though...

Dominic