font question

Joshua 'Schwa' Gargus schwa at cc.gatech.edu
Fri Jun 6 07:04:50 UTC 2003

Hi,

I noticed that the font size for EToy tiles is specified by
StandardScriptingSystem>>fontForTiles, which specifies an 18 point
font.  However, the font returned has a #pointSize of 12.  The same
font is also obtained from the font menu of a TextMorph by choosing
the 12pt version.

This seems to be true for quite a number of fonts.  Eg: StrikeFont
familyName: #NewYork size: 24 yields a point size of 18.

Is this really the nonsense that it appears to be?  If not, is
anyone feeling brave enough to try to enlighten me?

Thanks,
Joshua