[ENH] LongMenus-nk ([et] more opinions..)

Daniel Vainsencher danielv at netvision.net.il
Fri Jun 6 08:30:30 UTC 2003

Any of those sound ok, but this is all details. We could have 5
different packages offering different behavior. The big problems are the
ones that prevent us from experimenting -
1. Applications generate menus with more... in various ways, as Ned
said.
2. You can't get to the menu from a text pane using the keyboard and
have the focus do the right thing. This makes keyboard menu control much
much less useful, because the mouse is generally needed to activate the
menu in the first place, so who cares if you can now use the kb again.

I'd love to see someone start to tackle these two, so we can have
"reasonable keyboard control of Squeak menus" as a goal for 3.7.

Daniel