Final 3.6 Plan

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Fri Jun 6 17:14:33 UTC 2003

Ned Konz <ned at bike-nomad.com> wrote:

> On Friday 06 June 2003 02:32 am, goran.krampe at bluefish.se wrote:
> > The update stream is now producing the Basic image.
> > Period. Ok?
>
> Should we have a parallel update stream that is for the Full image?
I claim that the full image should be produced by loading packages into
the Basic image. What would be in an update stream for Full? Would it
even be sensible to consider?

I'm going to posit that the audience for premade Full images is people
that want to 'play' and use tools like eToys. Perhaps we should consider
whether such an audience would be interested in updating - maybe just
grabbing the latest stable Full image would be better for them?

Having updates streamed for Full would mean aggregating all the Basic
updates _and_ ensuring that maintainers of all the Basic->FUll packages
provided updates separately. Could we effectively manage that?

> > PS. This all means that I am now a Steward then. And also Avi and
> > Ned for those packages. ;-) Hey, we should produce "buttons" to
> > wear: "Squeak Steward", "Squeak Guide", "Squeak Harvester", "Squeak
> > Maintainer". That could be cool for ESUG, OOPSLA and whatever
> > happenings there are!
>
> Tim, any chance you want to make new buttons?
I'd love to but somebody else would have to front the $4-500 initial
purchase price. I'm a bit short of spare dosh.

tim
Brain fried; core dumped.