[BUG] fullScreenMode: crashes VM on Mac

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Sat Jun 7 16:48:08 UTC 2003

"Andreas Raab" <andreas.raab at gmx.de> wrote:

> > I noticed that I got the vm crashing not 100% when I was trying on
> > DisplayScreen. Now that I retried with Smalltalk fullScreenMode: true,
> > it happens to crash it from time to time.
>
> Reminds of a bug I had (years back) in the Windows VM - I assumed that the
> size of Display's bits is always up-to-date to the OS window extent (which
> isn't always true since it takes a little for Squeak to recognize that the
> display extent has changed) which led to crashes very much like you're
> seeing.
Interesting - I had _exactly_ that problem on RiscOS a while back; my
solution was to null out the VMs handle for the bitmap until the next
time ioDisplay-whatever was called and the bitmap got rebuilt to the new
size. It works but there is a rather annoying delay while it all gets
worked out.

tim
Useful random insult:- She doesn't suffer from insanity; she enjoys every minute of it.