Can we mark updates as such, after the fact? (Was:RE: [ENH][KCP] KCP-0007-pullUpIsMeta-ab-sd ([closed]--allreadyincluded))

Daniel Vainsencher danielv at netvision.net.il
Sun Jun 8 20:27:14 UTC 2003

I think if CommentNotePad is modified as described in my post on "RE:
[BUG] BugFixArchiveViewer and CommentNotePad", approved/closed/update
should be flag checkboxen, maybe made such that they ask the user "This
status should be set only by harvester, or if you're documenting a
harvester published decision. Proceed?". Harvesters and other people
that know what they're doing can hack the question method to answer
true, or something silly like that.

Without a low fence like that, we're might get too many false flags of a
kind that can complicate/slow down the handling of a changeset. So IMO,
either ask, or leave it manual.

Daniel