[ANN] Network rewrite (hopefully) final version

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Sun Jun 8 21:46:04 UTC 2003

Hi Michael and all!

Michael Rueger <m.rueger at acm.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> a transatlantic flight, a root canal and a week long meeting marathon
> later ;-)
>
> http://www.squeaklet.com/sm/network-0.6.sar
>
> I couldn't register it on sm, something wrong with my password and
> sending a new one...

Duh... I just realized that the "sending a new one" probably isn't
working. I forgot to change the SMTP server there - will fix tomorrow.

> Some comments could use a little more work, but I want to get the code
> out and hopefully into the update stream.

I agree - this code has a high "code rot risk" since it touches a lot of
places. And most of it had good comments so let's get it in!

> For those who didn't see version 0.4 and 0.5 please read the what's new
> section in the preamble, as there are quite a few changes to Socket
> calls, especially the whole timeout handling.
>
> This version incorporates changes suggested by quite a few people, a
> great thank you to all of them!
>
> Cheers
>
> Michael

Finally, this is bloody great work. I really like this cleanup. Let's
get it into the stream ASAP. Sorry if I am not doing all the correct
procedures right now - I just don't have time.

regards, Göran