Celeste and FilteringCeleste

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Mon Jun 9 20:28:52 UTC 2003

All right, I've spent about 6-10 hours on Filtering Celeste and added
back a UI quite similar to the classic Celeste interface.  A menu item
lets you switch between the interfaces.

Testers are welcome.  :)  It's not heavily tested, but I did load it
into a 3.4 image fram SqueakMap and browse around a little.

I don't plan to do major Celeste development in the near future.  But
I'd be happy to integrate patches and fix minor bugs.  I'm also always
happy to suggest implementation strategies if anyone wanst to try and
implement some desired feature.

I haven't tried the regular Celeste from the main image or from
SqueakMap for quite a while.  But FilteringCeleste has a number of
improvement even discounting the generalized filters.  If someone else
does end up being the maintainer of Celeste, I think FC is a better code
base to start from.

Lex Spoon