[KCP] SystemDictionary cleaning: Comments and design

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Tue Jun 10 11:29:00 UTC 2003

Hi all!

Martin Wirblat <sql.mawi at t-link.de> wrote:
[SNIP]
> >I think a simpler move might be to have a SystemInfo class to hold all
> >the vm/memory/platform related info. Factoring is good but it is
> >possible to go too far.
>
> Exactly, there must be a SINGLE point where to start a search for
> system-related things, otherwise 95% of all users will only find 50%
> of them, and that after wasting much time.

Personally I think class categories are great for aiding browsing.
Simply make sure all these "system level" classes are grouped nicely in
the categories and then I can't see the harm in having a few classes
instead of a single one.

It would even make it simpler IMHO to find things that way because you
get an extra top level "grouping". Saving the image? Hmmm, perhaps I
should look in class Image? :-)

Class SystemDictionary doesn't really ring a bell for that.

regards, Göran