[BUG] FileDirectory>>exists

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Tue Jun 10 13:52:19 UTC 2003

On Monday 09 June 2003 08:23 pm, John M McIntosh wrote:

>   Well I fixed the issue of exists:  in the MAC VM  3.5.1b2.

Great!

> However now that exists: if it's a directory is ok, and considering
> the bug below according Stephen's note the fallback position causes
> the logic  to open the file using unix fopen, then do a read using
> unix fread. That exposes another BUG.

Isn't it possible for a file to exist but not actually be readable?

I'd much prefer to expose stat() to the Squeak layers for Unix boxes.

Like the work you've done on the serial ports, it makes sense for some
of this stuff to actually take care of the platform differences at
the Squeak level, rather than in the primitives.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com