[Q] How to suppress modal dialogs while loading code updates?

Markus Gaelli gaelli at emergent.de
Tue Jun 10 15:28:21 UTC 2003

Hi,

Adrian and me are doing a little pair-programming for the
Squeak-Testserver
right now, and stumbled over the following:

How can we suppress modal PopupMenus or similar dialogs, when we
automatically want to build the newest version of the Squeak-Image?
For example, the newest update gave as a

PopupMenu inform: ' self inform: 'The SqueakMap package catalog system
will now be
installed in the image.  To access SqueakMap, select ''open...''
from the World menu, then ''Package Loader'' from the submenu.'

which is not good, when we _automatically_ want to integrate the newest
code.

What is the best way to circumvent that?
Do we have to overwrite each possible information-method, while
uploading things?

Thanks in advance,

Markus and Adrian