[Enh][Eg] Examples for Urls

Markus Gaelli gaelli at emergent.de
Wed Jun 11 22:41:16 UTC 2003

> These are awesome.  It's not just a URL example, but an example of
> using
> a URL inside a Text instance -- something that can take a good bit of
> digging if you don't have an example.
>
> -Lex

Thanks :-)

Though it should have been [ENH] and not [Enh], that what comes
of thin images, where you don't have scamper to file out
automatically to the list :-/

For consistency reasons, I also think it is a good idea to name
the other tag with upper case letters also: [EG]

Examples could also certainly be put in
some [TEST] packages, and maybe later harvested.

This means, when you write tests, it would be _great_ if you put
the fixtures in such kind of exampleFoo methods on the class-sides.

And please don't forget to put them in a category called

	"*Eg-example-objects"

*Eg is for possibly use with DVS,
and -objects is both for:
	- separating them from the usual examples where one could get
user-interfaces
	(Uups, I didn't say that yet, please only put automatically usable
things in this category)
	- separating them from example-methods, another concept, I am playing
with.
	I am using both category-names in my little Eg-tool, found on
SqueakMap (still very
	alpha, I mean it...)

Actually, for my little "modal info dialog"-hack, I did it the
[TEST]-way.

So I am still on track with my much to ambitious "one example a
day"-goal ;-)

Any help appreciated,
now I put that on the Swiki,

Markus