On using DVS & .sars

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Thu Jun 12 19:46:37 UTC 2003

On Thu, 12 Jun 2003, Tim Rowledge wrote:

> I added a couple of classes (previously dropped by accident of category
> mis-naming) and edited a coupleof methods and tried to use 'Changes'.
> DVS churned away for about twenty minutes (yes, my machine really is
> slow) and gave me.... nothing. The produced log filewas empty. Clearly
> there should have actually been _something_ to show for two entire
> classes!

One would think.  I'm not sure why that would be, and I'll look at it when
I get a chance (tonight, hopefully).  However, I would recommend that
anyone using DVS stop, and start using Monticello instead, which feels
exactly like using DVS anyway but is much better.  If you have a problem
with *its* changes button I'll probably respond much more quickly.

Twenty minutes, hey?  Ouch.

Cheers,
Avi