On using DVS & .sars

Colin Putney cputney at wiresong.ca
Fri Jun 13 02:18:13 UTC 2003

On Thursday, June 12, 2003, at 05:55  PM, Ned Konz wrote:

> On Thursday 12 June 2003 02:56 pm, Avi Bryant wrote:
>> On Thu, 12 Jun 2003, Ned Konz wrote:
>>> What you really need is "reverse changes". I added this to DVS
>>> and sent it to Avi.
>>
>> Which I have neglected to do the right thing with.  Bad Avi.  I'll
>> get those changes committed and released to SM tonight.
>>
>> But you should still be using Monticello. ;)
>
> Does Monticello still work with CVS the right way?

Yup. Many of the files in the Seaside cvs repository are now managed
with Monticello. You'll notice the .mc files if you do a checkout.

In fact, Monticello works better with CVS than DVS, in my opinion. When
not to leave you with a broken package if something is missing. And Avi
recently added support for resolving CVS conflicts with a Morphic
interface - very handy.

I'm not sure if the conflict stuff has been released though. I tend to
use the bleeding-edge version.

Colin