Tablet PCs

Aaron J Reichow reic0024 at d.umn.edu
Fri Jun 13 22:35:00 UTC 2003

On Fri, 13 Jun 2003, Ned Konz wrote:

> >  While I've never achieved much of a speed with
> > any sort of stroke/character recogntion, I can achieve 50 WPM using
> > Newton OS 2.x HWR or CalliGrapher.
>
> And in fact the TabletPC recognizer is pretty good, though it's slow
> and uses a dictionary.

I've never used the recognizer on TabletPC proper- that is, the thing
which comes with Win XP Tablet Edition.  I have used CalliGrapher on
WinCE, PocketPC and desktop Windows and the speed is pretty good.  If the
recognizer on TabletPC isn't fast enough, check it out. On Windows they
call it PenOffice (instead of CalliGrapher, but the same engine is there),
http://www.phatware.com

Regards,
Aaron

--
  "the end of the human race will be that it will eventually
      die of civilization. "                          :: r. w. emerson