Sketchpad in Squeak

Alan Kay Alan.Kay at squeakland.org
Sat Jun 14 20:59:09 UTC 2003

He's the closest we have in our field to Newton, if you look where
things were when he started and where knowledge was when he finished
-- maybe the bigest jump ever -- combine this with LISP which was
already a few years old and you have an enormous  amount -- combine
this with Barton's B5000 (ca 1961, the original high level language
byte coded machine and .....

Too bad most programmers still don't understand today what Ivan and
others understood by 1963 (or course we could say that generally
about humanity with regard to Newton and lots of other things also).

Cheers,

Alan